PNC Originator Sr in Boca Raton, Florida
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
101223 Originator Senior
Originates multifamily investments, interim and permanent loans, for conventional and affordable rental housing that qualifies for low-income tax credits and/or permanent loans which may qualify for sale to government-sponsored entities.
Evaluates, structures and negotiates terms for investments, interim and permanent loans, for conventional and affordable rental housing.
Identifies the appropriate customer base and develops and implements a marketing strategy and plan. Solicits new and manage existing relationships with developers and owners.
Monitors markets and competitors. This may include engagement with critical actors such as state allocating agencies and other agencies.
Maintains an understanding of agency and/or federal requirements and structures on transactions, programs, products and structures.
FL - Boca Raton
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
FL314 - Glades Road
Total Hours Per Week:
20% - 40%
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
DC - Washington, FL - Boca Raton, GA - Atlanta, NC - Charlotte
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Customer Experience Management. - Extensive Experience
- Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.
Sales Negotiating - Extensive Experience
- Applies successful financial sale solutions to negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with customers in a constructive and collaborative manner. Negotiate structures and closes customer sales.
Business Markets - Working Experience
- Knowledge of existing and planned markets and market-related initiatives from the perspectives of the competition, the suppliers, the customer base and the regulatory environment; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Customer Acquisition - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to implement the methods used to acquire new customer relationships.
Financial Analysis - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
SALES FUNCTION - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to conduct daily and strategic activities in an organization's sales function.
Selling. - Extensive Experience
- Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet customer needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals. Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to customers.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
As an experienced Senior Originator within PNC's Multifamily Agency Finance segment of PNC Real Estate, you will identify and pursue opportunities to develop and expand customer relationships and place permanent debt through Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA, as well as access to PNC’s balance sheet for certain transactions. It is desirable that candidates for this position will have extensive Agency originations experience and a successful originations history and book that would allow for continued expansion of the Multifamily platform.
The Senior Originator will be supported by and work with a dedicated team of Agency personnel responsible for analytical support, transaction execution, loan underwriting, portfolio management and market research. Ideal candidates will be based in Boca Raton / Atlanta/ Charlotte / Washington, DC or other acceptable Southeast location with the willingness and ability to travel in the Southeast. Travel could be 20%-50%.
5-10+ years of experience in real estate lending with a specific expertise on multifamily and/or Agency lending.
Sound analytical and problem solving skills, demonstrated ability and familiarity with financial analysis, underwriting and valuation conventions is preferred.
Relationships and contacts in the Agency space is preferred, with a focus on Florida markets.