FirstService Residential Regional Director in Boca Raton, Florida
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Provides management, direction, and leadership to ensure the property is maintained and operated in accordance with Company objectives. Regional Directors are certified and licensed by the State of Florida for Community Association Management (CAM). Responsibilities include working closely with the on-site Manager, Board of Directors and/or the developer to manage and operate the community, facilitate solutions to problems between communities and internal support staff. Strong management skills, customer service skills and supervisory skills are required.
- Liaison between FSR and Community Association Managers, FSR and Board of Directors (BOD). Facilitate FSR Procedures and insure that policies are carried out.
- Attends Board meetings and give Board guidance when appropriate.
- Provides specific assistance to on-site manager in financial management, administration, corporate policies and procedures, property infrastructure, organization, litigation processes, property collections, maintenance and mechanical procedures.
- Responsible for development of contracts when appropriate for all Ancillary Services. Provide FSR with the opportunity to bid on Ancillary Services.
- Reviews quality of services provided to the Association.
- Communicates with BOD regularly by either weekly personal contact or telephone. Thereby, establishing a personal relationship with the Board.
- Attends all team and RD meetings.
- Recruits and interviews prospective managers.
- Attends annual budget/election meetings.
- Conducts property visits regularly and provides on-site Manager with recommendations and observations to improve the property.
- Participates in Corporate committees as assigned.
- Attends staff monthly meeting at each building.
- Ensures that the maintenance manual, equipment checklists and books are in place and are current as well as all FSR approved binders.
- Mentors the on-site Manager in order to effectively meet the needs of the Association in efficient management and motivate employees for maximum individual potential.
- Assists on-site Manager with obtaining all service, maintenance and security contracts.
- Encourages on-site Manager to cross-train employees when possible for greater efficiency and flexibility.
- Reviews/assists the obtaining and financing of all required insurance coverage.
- Monitors reserve funds to insure they are being used in accordance with BOD and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that on-site Manager follows The Company's corporate policies including but not limited to, recruiting, payroll processes, accounting, and human resources policies.
- Ensures that Association records are kept in good order.
- Provides a five-star customer service at all times by attending to all calls and messages immediately.
- Acts as intermediary with owner/residents, on-site managers, and all other staff, to assist in prompt response to questions/problems.
- Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business or related field from a four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CAM license is required.
- Experience with financial and accounting programs preferred as well as knowledge of Mechanical Operations of a building and Equipment and Construction
- Must possess strong managerial background.
- 5-7 years of experience as an on-site manager managing the property or building operations, such as staff and service contracts, tenant retention and tenant improvements is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Florida Statues and Community's Documents.
- A detailed individual capable of managing several tasks.
- Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, leases, regulations or documents with a similar degree of complexity.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 50 lbs;
- Standing, sitting, walking and occasional climbing.
- The employee is required to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time as well as talking on the phone for extended periods of time.
- Ability to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms.
- On-call 24/7. Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends.
- Driving required.
- Ability to respond to emergencies on a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled