Mercy Medical Center Clinton HCHFL_CENT SCHED REP_8071 in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
1001_4112 Centralized Scheduling
Expected Weekly Hours:
• Pre-registers and pre-certifies outpatients by obtaining necessary, accurate financial and demographic information.
• Consistently exhibits excellence in patient/customer service.
• Demonstrates knowledge and ability to operate various types of office equipment.
• Demonstrates proficiency in both patient and resource scheduling; exhibits strong medical terminology skills.
• Performs all aspects of patient scheduling including patient preps, sequencing of tests and special requirements.
• Provides patient and physician office staff with pertinent scheduling information regarding directions, reps, procedures or test requirements.
• Provides accurate daily schedules on a timely basis. Prepares patient packets for the next day.
• Obtains accurate pre-registration information, demographic and insurance authorizations prior to patient's arrival.
• Promotes department and organization objectives by providing cooperative and courteous service.
• Works well with callers to achieve a satisfactory result.
• Appropriately redirects calls not intended for scheduling.
• Articulates well, establishing an excellent rapport with the caller.
• Handles difficult calls with calm professional manner.
• Utilizes computer to access patient information.
• Demonstrates knowledge of Windows environment.
• Utilizes fax machine, copy machine and telephone call system.
• Operates all equipment in safe and efficient manner reporting any operational issues.
• Accomplishes all aspects of daily aspects of daily assignments in a timely manner.
• Schedules are accurate, complete and without conflicts.
• Recognizes any potential problems or conflicts and intervenes appropriately.
• Notifies supervisor of any potential problems.
• Recognizes potential scheduling conflicts or errors and intervenes appropriately.
• Maintains office supplies and equipment maintenance needs.
• Demonstrates flexibility and a cooperative attitude.
• Contributes to ongoing quality improvement, monitoring evaluation, data collection and action plans.
• Continuously monitors process, flow and function of the department, seeking opportunities to improve and adapt to changes in environment.
• Participates in department and organizational meetings to maintain active involvement related to scheduling department issues.
• High School diploma or equivalent is required.
• Knowledge of Call Center phone systems and registration/insurance verification is preferred.
• Requires working knowledge of medical terminology. Must demonstrate advanced computer skills and experience with computerized scheduling system. Meditech experience is preferred.
This is a FT position on day shift with benefits.
Job Description Details:
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health offers rewarding careers in a community environment with all the advantages of working at one of the nation's largest health systems. We provide high-quality, people-centered care in 22 states through our network of hospitals, facilities, community-based services, and continuing care locations - including home care, hospice, Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), and senior living facilities. If you are looking for a rewarding clinical or administrative position, you'll find exceptional career possibilities, opportunities for advancement and a job with meaning at Trinity Health.
Trinity Health employs more than 131,000 colleagues across 22 states. We honor and embrace a diverse representation of people, ideas and backgrounds. Our dedication to diversity is evident in our commitment to training, education, recruitment, retention and development, as well as community partnerships and supplier diversity.
Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences and health practices of the communities we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive outcomes. We recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world, and that our differences not only serve to unite us, but also lead to innovative solutions.