Ultimate Software TECHNICAL BUSINESS ANALYST in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Ultimate Software is seeking an experienced Business Analyst (BA) responsible for identifying and partnering with internal business units to provide technology solutions for their needs. Qualified candidates possess broad experience working with data migration and system integration projects, conducting requirements gathering sessions and documenting those requirements for systems projects. This position demands strong organizational skills and problem-solving expertise, while working with current and emerging technologies, and managing team dynamics. Excellent technical and analytical skills, communication skills, team orientation, flexibility, innovative thinking, problem solving, conflict management, and self-motivation are required for success. Limited travel upon request.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2017 and #7 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2017 and #5 on its “50 Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2016.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities*:*(other duties may be assigned)
- Create deliverables for all aspects of business analysis and functional design for data migration and system integration initiatives.
- Create sql queries to help analyze data.
- Stock the product backlog with actionable and prioritized agile user stories.
- Facilitate requirements elaboration of user stories with team members, including process- and data-modeling activities.
- Provide demonstrations with stakeholders.
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities.
- Manage Team Kanban Board and daily stand ups.
- Work with stakeholders to understand, prioritize and estimate development resources required for new features.
- Execute responsibilities with an understanding of the product vision, strategic objectives, and priorities.
- Good knowledge of all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Good organizational skills with the proven ability to multitask and to “do what it takes” to get the job done.
- Develop, lead, and execute organization readiness activities.
- Facilitate appropriate communication methods and tracking tools to ensure identification and management of risks, mitigation strategies, plan activities, dependencies, impacts, escalation channels, and detailed project documentation.
Other Required Qualifications/Skills*:*
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a BA, writing requirements in an IT department or with a software company.
- 5+ years’ experience working as a technical Business Analyst using SQL.
- 2+ years’ experience working as a Quality Assurance Analyst.
- Knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle, with an emphasis on requirements elicitation.
- Programming Experience
- Experience with Microsoft BI tools (Power Pivot, Performance Point, Excel Services, Report Builder, Reporting Services etc.) and/or other reporting tools like Tableau.
- Experience using ‘Agile’ methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration or related discipline
- Business Analysis Certification preferred (CBAP – Certified Business Analysis Professional)
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Posted: October 12, 2017