Ultimate Software TEST LEAD in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
As a technical Software Test Engineer, you play a very important role in ensuring the quality and excellence of our products. As the Test Lead you will empower the team to deliver quality software in a timely manner and continuously improve the development process. You’ll be embedded on an agile development team where you will write code to test the code written by the developers, using both your specialized testing knowledge of multiple tools, techniques and best practices as well as your development experience and knowledge of technical architecture and design. You’ll be working side by side with the teams Developers and other Testers to validate application quality. In this highly-collaborative environment, you will have the opportunity to continually grow as a tester and engineer, and even help mentor others get to your level. Are you ready to get started? Apply Today!
Software testing at Ultimate Software: http://youtu.be/415TR1BEzyY
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2017 and #7 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2017 and #5 on its “50 Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2016.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities*:*
- When a developer is picking up a story, they call the Business Analysts, a UX designer, and a tester to explain what the story is about during the story kickoff meeting. You give input on the story with a testing perspective.
- After the story kick off meeting, you create and document test cases.
- Exercise your software development knowledge by writing test scripts using the latest in test case frameworks.
- A developer may come to you wanting you to review their test design, and you make some really good suggestions.
- You attend design meetings with product analysts, UX designers, and developers, and give your input from a testing perspective on how to make an application testable.
- Exploratory testing: this is when you get to let loose on the application – go crazy and try to break it! Bring out your inner Sid! (Hope you don’t mind the Toy Story reference)
- Work with our seasoned test architects to develop and advance in your career. We can train you to get better with our in-house training.
- Finally, before the day winds out, you demo your story to the BA, and it gets closed because you thought of every little thing!
- Ability to write and test code in an object oriented language, preferably C# to support our primary products (Java, Go, Node.js and Ruby are also accepted, but must be able to ramp up to C# easily).
- Knowledge of testing techniques/methodologies and how to apply them (white box, equivalence class partitioning, pairwise, state transition, boundary value, decision table)
- Functional test automation tool experience is preferred (ex. Nunit, NSubstitute, etc.)
- Good organizational and leadership skills
- Have worked with a CI system is preferred (ex. TeamCity, Concourse, Jenkins, etc.)
- Selenium knowledge/familiarity is a plus
- Experience with noSQL databases.
- Ability to write intermediate SQL is required
- Nonfunctional test automation tool experience is a plus (ex. JMeter, LoadRunner, ZAP, etc.)
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Posted: October 12, 2017