Mount Sinai Medical Center Medical Assistant - Key West Office in Miami Beach, Florida
Medical Assistant- Physician Practice Office
As Mount Sinai continues to grow, so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 4,000 employees, 500 volunteers, 670 beds, 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses, Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team, we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care. We're looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation.
- Assists physician during patient examinations, including but not limited to injections, suture removal, venipunctures, cast removals, biopsies, and EKG's.
- Adept in the sterilization technique and able to demonstrate it when preparing trays for open wounds and preparing bandages.
- Greets and escorts patient safely from the waiting area to appropriate areas in the physician office and/or hospital, as required.
- Understands and executes physician's preferred treatment protocols when coordinating patient flow.
- Prepares and administers medication as instructed by the physician; this includes the administration of injections.
- Ensures exam rooms are appropriately stocked with supplies and equipment prior to physician seeing patients.
- Ability to communicate to patients any procedures to be performed and provide preparatory instructions and answer basic questions, as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and react to the unique needs of the patients.
- Maintains current licensing and certification necessary to perform applicable job functions
- Possesses effective time management skills and assist other staff members when appropriate.
An excellent, team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
Competitive salary with bonus potential
Savings plan with company match
A variety of health, dental and vision plans
On-site child care, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
Minimum Requirements: Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) preferred Up to 2 years experience working in a Medical Office environment preferred CPR/BLS certification required High school diploma and/or equivalent required, some college desired Bilingual (english/spanish) strongly preferred Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 5:00PM (flexibility required)
Location: US - FL - Key West
Requisition Number: 1