Mount Sinai Medical Center Unit Secretary - FT, 3p - 11p in Miami Beach, Florida
Unit Secretary - FT
As Mount Sinai continues to grow, so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 3,000 employees, 500 volunteers, 670 beds, 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses, Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team, we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care. We're looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation.
We are looking for a sharp, enthusiastic, professional to become part of the energy and join our Nursing Supportteam where you will engage in our efforts to improve patient satisfaction, clinical outcomes, and operational efficiency.
- Answers and responds to patient request promptly by informing appropriate staff member of patient's request and ensuring effective resolution.
- Performs all secretarial duties in a timeframe consistent with hospital policies and within time allotted.
- Maintains professionalism in greeting and directing visitors; efficiently handling all deliveries and, providing information in a competent manner.
- Operates all equipment in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations and/or hospital policy and procedure and assures timely communication of needed repairs to the appropriate department.
- Keeps Nurse Director/Team Leader and/or Charge Nurse updated regarding unit issues in a timely manner.
- Performs newly assigned duties upon completion of training and cooperates in floating while demonstrating positive attitude.
- Prepares chart on each patient including patient test results, patient labeling of all chart materials and accurately inputting nursing orders into the computer system.
- Keeps chart materials along with associated tabs in order at all times, adding necessary forms with patient's name and medical record number as needed.
- Transcribes physician orders under the supervision of a Registered Nurse alerting the charge/primary nurse to all stat orders or illegible writing and do not use abbreviations.
An excellent, team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
Competitive salary and savings plan with company match
A variety of health, dental and vision plans
On-site child care, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
Minimum Requirements: High School Diploma. Strong interpersonal skills. Medical Terminology knowledge required. Must be able to handle multiple projects and adapt to changing. Must posses analytical and interpretative skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred.
Location: US - Florida - Miami Beach
Requisition Number: 19623