FirstService Residential Assistant Office Manager in Miami, Florida
Property Location: Miami, FL
This position assists in the management of properties in accordance with company policies, procedures and standards. This individual will develop knowledge and skill in the areas of lease administration, income/expense management and administration, physical facilities management and tenant relations.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge of state regulatory agency statutes and each client's community's documents, policies and procedures.
- Assists with the field activities associated with a property or group of properties.
- Oversees the tracking and response to tenant service requests.
- Maintains tenant relation program and regular positive communication with each tenant.
- Performs quarterly property inspections.
- Coordinates insurance requirements for properties and associated vendors.
- Responsible for the development preparation and distribution of tenants' manuals, emergency procedures and other necessary formalized tenant communication.
- Responsible for the preparation of check runs, capital trackers and funds and all other forms for approval by Community Association Manager.
- Assists in preparation of monthly reports.
- Assists in the development of operating and capital budgets.
- Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as directed by Community Association Manager.
- Manages tenant relationships to ensure tenant retention and a high level of service including timely and complete resolution of tenant concerns, coordinating special services and requests and conducting formal and informal inspections.
- Establishes and maintain industry contacts and relationships in the property's marketplace through involvement in trade organizations, property management and real estate associations and networking opportunities with vendor outreach and peer groups.
- Creates the culture needed to enhance, promote and execute daily positive interaction among members of the building management team.
- Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
- Other duties as required.
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business or related field from a four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CAM license preferred.
- Must possess strong managerial background.
- Two (2) years of experience as an on-site manager managing the property or building operations, such as staff and service contracts, tenant retention and tenant improvements is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, leases, regulations or documents with a similar degree of complexity.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy: Proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills required.
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Standing, sitting, walking and occasional climbing.
- Required to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Talking on the phone for extended periods of time.
- Ability to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms.
- On-call 24/7.
- Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends based on project requirement.
- Driving when necessary.
- Ability to respond to emergencies on a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled