Anthem Systems Performance Engineer Advisor (Mainframe Configuration Specialist) - 131401 in Miami, Florida
/Your Talent. Our Vision./At Anthem, Inc.,it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we willdrive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
TheSystems Performance Engineer Advisor (Mainframe Configuration Specialist)position is responsible for Systems Performance Engineering support tasks, leading to delivery of application systems which meet the performance and throughput requirements of business stakeholders.
This particular position focuses on test system environment and data preparation and support of performance test execution, for z/OS mainframe system components. Occasional offshift/weekend work is necessary for this position.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Leads and coordinates mainframe test data selection and extraction, including IMS, DB2 and TableBase
- Perform data and environment configuration tasks in support of performance engineering activities for large initiatives spanning multiple projects and/or systems.
- Automate & streamline mainframe test system data reset process
- Automate & streamline mainframe batch performance test execution
- Coordinate code migrations into mainframe performance test environment
- Develop mainframe IMS environment configuration in support of 1-off performance Proof-of-Concept requirements
- Understand and follow all applicable SDLC and performance engineering processes.
- Plan and coordinate performance engineering efforts in support of key initiatives including work plan and project schedule.
- Determine level of effort and resource requirements for customer engagements.
- Configure performance test environments in support of performance evaluations of new technologies.
- Monitor performance and stability of production systems. Analyze, identify and report on trends
- Identify training and tool needs for team.
Coach and mentor project team members.
Requires Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems;
- 10 years of mainframe environment and data support; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Anthem Systems knowledge and experience preferred.
Demonstrated ability to manage performance engineering support efforts across multiple systems.
/Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2016 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran./
Job Information Technology
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Systems Performance Engineer Advisor (Mainframe Configuration Specialist) - 131401
Requisition ID: 131401