Constellis Senior Application Support Analyst in Palm Beach Garden, Florida
Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Reston, VA.
The Application Support Analyst's role is to deliver support to end users in the organization about how to use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. This includes troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers, such as operations, development, and other business units. The Application Support Analyst is also responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, and improvement software applications training programs and related courseware.
Strategy & Planning
- Create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyze results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research into software application products and services in support of development and purchasing efforts.
- Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
- Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Perform hands-on fixes at various levels, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications as applicable.
- Record, track, process diagram and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Maintain and enhance performance of all new and existing software and applications across the organization.
- Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
- Coordinate with department heads to assess departmental application training needs and objectives.
- Participate in the design, development, and delivery of software applications training programs and individual classes.
- Post software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on company intranet to assist in problem resolution.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, anti-virus software, and so on.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Occasional travel between training locations required.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, and/or 10 years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise and desktop applications, including Deltek Costpoint, Deltek Time & Expense, IBM Cognos Report Development & Administration.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Broad knowledge of programming languages and techniques, including SQL and TSQL.
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
- Experience with building and maintaining databases for query and problem tracking.
- Good understanding of general accounting practices and payroll for government contractors.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Able to use Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly, high aptitude.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.5 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 17,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees' ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world's most demanding places.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, work-life balance, and tailored career development programs that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Coverage Employee Assistance
- Program Performance Reviews & Advancement Opportunities
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm, however, some extended or weekend hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled